Please Follow Us On Social Media
What is polyamorous dating? Are there any polyamorous dating websites for couples? Is polyamory the future of love? These are just a few of the questions that a couple could ask. You will find that the internet is full of people who believe everyone is interested in ethical non-monogamous relationships. In this article, we will refer to it as “an dating” for simplicity.
Truth is quite different from what the internet portrays. The truth is that couples are more comfortable with multiple partners. Research shows that approximately 5% of Americans are polyamorous. The rise in polyamory has led to the rise of polyamorous dating apps. We have apps for everything, from food and conventional dating, in the 21st Century. So why not try poly dating?
What is Polyamorous Dating?
Because there are many facets to polyamorous relationships, it is difficult to pinpoint a single definition. Each polyamorous relationship is different. Young adults prefer monogamy, while adults in their 30s and 40s gravitate towards hierarchical or non-hierarchical polyamory.
A polyamorous relationship can be defined as a relationship where a couple is open and willing to have a romantic relationship that involves more than one person. Polyamory is a combination of the Greek words ‘poly’ which means many and more which is the Latin word for love. Not to be confused with an open relationship which is sexually non-monogamous. Poly dating is open and transparent.
Before you sign up for any polyamorous dating site, here’s a quick reminder about polyamory terminology. A couple does not refer to a couple that invites a third person to join them as a trio. It isn’t three friends who just want to hang out and have fun together. A throuple is as committed and interested in each other as conventional couples.
A polyamorous couple has rules. However, just as in a monogamous relationship it is up to the couple to make their own rules and determine the boundaries of their shared connection.
List Of 12 Best Polyamorous Dating Sites For 2023
In the past few years, dating apps have seen a surge in popularity. The same holds for polyamorous partners. Many people want to get involved in dating. Here’s a list of multi-ethnic dating sites. It’s not easy to choose the right partner. We are well aware of this fact. We hope you will find the right one with the help of some of the most trusted dating apps and their screening filters.
- Feel good!
- Ashley Madison
- Find an adult friend
- PolyAm Date
#Open is the number one spot on polyamorous dating websites. The platform is open to all genders and orientations. As the name implies, this community has users who are open to sharing their individuality.
The Open relationship dating app currently has over 170,000 profiles. After signing up, you’ll be asked to choose a few preferences. Once you have let the app know that you and your partner are open for a polyamorous relationship, you can go. It doesn’t get much better if you are a single person looking for a hotwife romance.
- You can identify yourself using the labels that are included in updated tools.
- Use hashtags #yes, #no, and #maybe to share your preferences.
- You can chat together with the confirmed partner account on the platform
- You can seamlessly switch between a solo or partner profile
- Developers of apps are committed to privacy and transparent about how they treat your data
We are proud to present Down, one of the most popular polyamorous dating apps. It’s not as popular as older dating sites, but it’s still a great option. There are more than 10 million members, so there’s something for everyone. It’s the best dating app for singles who are open to connecting, expressing themselves freely, and finding what they want.
This is why this app is perfect for polyamory dating. This app is designed to facilitate dating and hookups. You can swipe on the people you like and chat with your matches, just as you do on most dating apps. You don’t swipe right or left on this dating app. Instead, you swipe up to meet someone you like and then swipe down to hook up. Creative, isn’t it?
- Photo verification is available on the platform to prevent fake profiles
- Swipe up to mark someone as “Date” and swipe down to sign up for “Hookup”.
- Break the ice with games such as “photo challenge” or “would you prefer” challenge
- Snap Match – A random chat system that matches people worldwide to make virtual connections.
- Down VIP Subscription shows you who swiped down for you
MoreThanOne is a dating application designed for ethical non-monogamous singles and couples
The name of the platform is misleading. You’ve probably tried other sites that allow you to date polyamory. If so, you already know how crucial it is to understand what you are getting into. This platform claims that all relationships created on the site are completely mutual between like-minded individuals and therefore far from affair dating.
This application was designed for people who are new to online dating. The developers decided that anonymity was best on the platform. This makes it ideal for couples who don’t want to be contacted by everyone. You have complete control over who can view your profile.
- This platform is open to all members of the LGBTQ+ community
- You can use the site without ads and with an optional subscription plan starting from $9.99
- For an additional layer of security, the platform also supports private profiles
- You don’t need to sign up or add social media to the platform
- To spark more interest, link profiles with your partner
Have you ever felt that society judge polyamorous couples and those who are interested in open relationships? PolyFinda was also affected. This app was initially created by a small group of polyamorous people who met at the bar. They realized the need for a platform that would accept all forms of ethical nonmonogamy.
PolyFinda launched in 2016, after some programming and design. This makes it another great addition to the list of polyamorous dating websites. This is a poly dating app that allows you to chat, flirt, and defend polyamory without having to risk being abused for being different.
- They host events that allow you to meet people in person.
- Chat without having to match first
- You can opt to only receive messages from people you like if you are concerned about spam
- You can use the credit system to avoid spam sending a message to someone using those credits
- Sign up to receive 200 bonus credits. They recharge every day with the option to buy more
This app is a well-known dating app. Let us explain why this app is included on this list of polyamorous dating websites. OkCupid added a non-monogamous option to their platform in 2016.
Try the traditional one if you haven’t had much luck with dedicated sites for polyamorous dating. You should select “non-monogamous” as your preference and then let the algorithm determine the best match.
- A feature that is specially designed for polyamorous couples, linking your profile and your partner.
- Even with the free version, this app is the richest in diversity.
- They are open to poly dating, even for LGBTQ+ people, as they offer 13 gender identities and 22 sexual orientations.
- Due to its popularity, it has a large user base. This allows you to match faster and with more people.
- OKCupid’s reliable compatibility scores are very helpful in helping you to understand potential dates before you meet them
6. Feel good!
Like other apps, Field was created for polyamory couples. Field, formerly known as 3nder was created to provide a safe and supportive environment for people who want to have sex beyond the norm. After signing up, you will be able to link your account with your partner’s, upload pictures, and indicate any preferences.
You can tailor your experience on polyamorous dating websites using the built-in app filters. Do you only want to see couples? Cool. Would you like to see only females in poly dating? Great. It is inclusive, with users able to choose from 20+ gender identities.
- Worldwide, there are more than 2 million members
- Use only with verified profiles
- Design that is consent-driven to foster a positive community
- Even the free version has no ads
- The platform supports group chats
7. Ashley Madison
This app is worth a lot of attention. This dating app is a controversial and well-known platform for polyamory. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to go beyond traditional dating. Although this is promoted in the media as an app for extramarital relations, there’s more. You’ll find many users that are similar to you if you are looking for someone to date with.
You’ve probably spent time researching polygamy dating sites and you know the problem with the male-to-female ratio. Ashley Madison addresses this issue by providing the site free of charge to women. This allows them to keep the largest user base. Men must pay 5 credits per message for texting.
- From billing to payment methods, we are extremely discreet
- To maintain their privacy, users can choose to have anonymous profiles
- A more active user base of female users than its competitors
- If the site doesn’t work for you within three months, a guarantee package will give you a full refund
- All features are available for free for women
Taimi is another star on the all-inclusive, polyamorous dating site. Some even claim that this is one of the most popular poly dating sites for the LGBTQ+ community. Indeed, LGBTQ+ couples often have trouble finding partners for poly-dating. With a mix of dating apps and social media, this app is designed to change that.
Taimi registration is easy. Once you have downloaded the app you will be asked to log in or register. Sign up page will prompt you to fill in some basic information. Next, you will need to enter your dating preferences and sexual preferences and upload a picture. This is the end of your search for gay, polyamorous dating websites.
- A unique platform that uses elements from social media to make it more interactive.
- Rated as the safest gay polyamory dating site for the LGBTQ+ community
- Swipe Undo is the most overlooked feature. No more accidental swipes!
- Like other social media apps, live-streaming functionality
- A large, attractive and open-minded user base
PolyMatchMaker’s mission is to help couples find other people who believe in open relationships, ethical non-monogamy and open sexuality. The PolyMatchMaker platform has been in existence for more than a decade. It is therefore well-acquainted with the best polyamorous dating websites and what doesn’t.
- Worldwide, there are more than 80000+ members and an expanding user base
- Standard members can only reply to one piece of mail each.
- Find members in your area, geography and geology radius
- Ability to hide members from searches
- To limit unwelcome access, block contacts
10. Find an adult friend
Before you sign up for Adult Friend Finder we want to inform you that there is a lot of sex in this app. The majority of users are looking for hookups. This is interesting as the site does include a section for couples. The platform also tries to be one of the most polyamorous dating websites.
The app is popular with couples who are looking for threesomes or swinging. Adult FriendFinder is the best app for you if this is something you are interested in and what you’re looking to find. This is not the right place to go if you are looking for a true poly partner in a long-term relationship.
- If you are looking for action in your bedroom, the platform is a good choice.
- The platform welcomes alternative lifestyles and polyamory
- There are millions of users around the world, which increases your chances of meeting a suitable match.
- The app can be used to search for long-term partners, provided you modify the filters.
11. PolyAm Date
PolyAm Date is another addition to the growing number of polyamorous dating websites. PolyAm Date was born out of frustration at the way that dating sites handle theirs. When they began to design the app, they decided to put some obstacles in place to keep non-poly people away.
- Ability to connect multiple partners on the profile
- Tags are a great way to show off your polyamory style
- There are many resources available to learn more about polyamory
- Capability to tell if a couple is interested in dating or if they are dating.
- Avoid unauthenticated users from liking you or messaging you. Also, avoid fake accounts reaching you
We are proud to present one of the most popular and polyamorous dating websites for the LGBTQ+ community. They cater to bisexual couples and singles, just like the name implies. Their large user base will make it easy to find quality matches. You never know what you can expect from niche dating sites but you will be delighted to see the profiles of the members.
Signing up is easy and takes only 5 minutes. You have two options to sign up: one through Facebook and the other manually. The latter is more time-consuming.
- An increasing user base of 1.3 Million people
- The Let’s Meet feature will tell you about a mutual match. It is also available in the free trial
- The site uses reverse matching to find matches using matches who are searching for the same thing as you.
- A great mix of men and women looking for serious and casual relationships
Comparison of the Prices for Polyamorous Dating Sites
You must be aware of the costs associated with each app when searching for poly-dating couples. The longer subscriptions are more cost-effective and will save you money monthly. For your convenience, we have provided price comparisons for the various polyamorous dating platforms so you can decide which one you prefer.
|Multi-Male Dating Sites||1 Month||3 Months||6 Months||12 Months|
|Down||22.99 USD||29.99 USD||N/A||95.99 USD|
|OKCupid – Basic||24.99 USD||16.66 USD/month||12.49 USD per month||N/A|
|OKCupid – Premium||34.99 USD||17.49 USD/month||23.33 USD per month||N/A|
|Subscribe to Feel Good||15.99 USD||31.99 USD||N/A||N/A|
|Feel Majestic Membership||14.99 USD||29.99 USD||N/A||91.99 USD|
|Ashley Madison – Credits||49.00 USD/100 credits||149.00 USD / 500 Credits||249.00 USD / 1,000 credits||N/A|
|Taimi||41.99 USD||53.99 USD||N/A||71.99 USD|
|Find an adult friend||39.95 USD||80.85 USD||N/A||239.40 USD|
|PolyAm Date||9.99 USD||26.99 USD||47.99 USD||N/A|
|BiCupid||29.95 USD||19.95 USD||15.95 USD||N/A|
We hope you found this article useful and that it helped you to understand how polyamorous dating sites compare. When choosing a site, remember your priorities and preferences so you can pick the one that suits them best. We are certain you will find a winner.
Is there a website that allows polyamory?
Many websites cater to polyamory. This is especially true if you’re looking for a long-term relationship with a polyamorous couple. Some websites offer more than just a dating site. They also have meet-ups in person to build a sense of belonging.
How can I find a polyamorous husband or wife?
There are many ways to find a polyamorous partner. Another way to meet polyamorous couples is in person at bars or clubs. To spread the word, it is important to tell people that you and your partner are interested in poly dating. The most popular way to get involved in polyamorous dating is to sign up for one of the many apps.
What is unicorn polyamory and how can it be achieved?
Unicorn polyamory refers to when a third party joins a couple for a partnership, either for sexual or emotional reasons. Unicorn polyamory rules are usually set by the couple based on their relationship.
What is solo polyamory and how can it be defined?
Solo polyamory is when a person has multiple romantic and sexual relationships with others. The only difference between solo polyamory and couple polyamory is that one person can be involved in multiple relationships with other people for intimacy.
Please Follow Us On Social Media
Please Follow Us On Social Media