My major intention for this article is to show you the 7 ways you can attract a good and responsible man without appearing desperate.
I will be using the advice that Naomi gave Ruth, her daughter-in-law that made her attract and marry Boaz, a godly and wealthy man. You will find this advice in the book of Ruth 3 but my emphasis will be on verses 3 and 11 and then I will add other things.
Let me start by saying that, it is not your job to look for a husband as a lady, it’s a man’s duty. The reason is that only a few men appreciate ladies who throw themselves at them. Also, you don’t get exploited, devalued, and cheapened. A man is a hunter and he values what he got by some effort and sweat. (Proverbs 18:22) Your own is to position yourself to attract a husband and also to be found.
So, how do you attract a good and responsible man without appearing desperate?
1) Wash Yourself: I’m sorry to say this but I’m gonna be blunt, a lot of ladies are dirty, clothes, bodies, everything is just dirty. No sane man will have anything to do with a dirty lady. Don’t be surprised if I tell you that dirtiness has pushed many guys away from many ladies. Dirtiness pisses one off.
So, wash your body very well. In other words, be neat. Neatness is attractive. And because of how God fashioned your body as a lady, you shouldn’t be joking about being neat. Wash your body as well as possible. Be neat.
2) Perfume Yourself: A lot of Christian sisters are on this table. Many of them think that body spray, deodorant, Roll-on, perfume, etc., are sinful. Listen, applying the aforementioned stuff is not a sin Christian sisters. You will keep going from one prayer house to another, fasting and praying, crying for God to give you a husband if this is not taken care of. Do you want to kill a person? God won’t even allow it.
So, my sister perfumes yourself, that is, smells good. Body odor doesn’t give God glory. I’m not insulting anyone, what I’m saying is that you should smell good.
3) Dress Well: Again many of the sisters are at this table. You will see a lady in her 20s dressing like a mama in her late 60s, many of them wear clothes that are doing environmental sanitation as they are walking along the road.
Dear sis, dress well. It looks good. Your dress speaks volumes. It can make you look smart, young, and old. No man wants to marry or get attracted to an old woman. Stop dressing like an old woman while you are young. Dress smartly. In short, looks good. It’s attractive.
This also covers your hair. Stop trying a scarf every time, your hair will smell o. Plait your hair and allow air into your hair. From head to toe, just look good. We, men, are attracted by many things, our hair, dress, etc.
4) Be Visible: Many ladies want to marry but they are hiding in the secret place of their rooms. How do you want to marry but don’t like Attending church, you will not even go, and immediately after service, you go straight to your house, you don’t attend functions both in the church or outside the church, you don’t attend wedding event of other people so you can meet or associate with a bachelor who may find you worthy for a relationship before thinking about marriage, you don’t attend marriage or relationship seminars so you could learn new things about marriage and relationship and even meet people of like minds, you don’t, attend birthday parties but you will decline the invitation.
How do you expect the husband of your heart to desire to locate you? One of the Brothers of Jesus told him that a man who wants to be a public figure doesn’t hide in the secret place of his room, therefore they advised him to show Himself to the world. (John 7:4) My sister, show yourself to the world so that you can be recognized by potential suitors. Stop hiding because only praying and fasting can’t bring you a husband. Position yourself to be found by your God-ordained husband.
5) Be A Good Girl At All Times: Boaz in the Bible told Ruth in verse 11 that everyone knows that you are a Virtuous woman, which simply means, a good girl. So, dear darling sister, what are people saying about you after meeting with them for any reason? Always be a good girl and for you to achieve this, it’s very important that you work on your character. Character is always the beauty of a woman but so many think that the beauty of a woman is all about her physical endowments, and that’s not true. A beautiful woman without admiring character is like a Gold ring in a swine pit. A good and admirable Character will attract more husbands to you than anything else. Even if you bathe 5 times a day, and always empty a bottle of perfume on your body, then wear your finest Christmas dress if you don’t have a great character, darling sister, just forget about marriage.
No matter all your neatness, good smell of great perfume, and nice dress, add character to it so you can lead in the race for husband material. It’s time to tell yourself the truth about your bad characteristics and stop saying that men should accept you the way you are, can you accept any man who has bad character just as you want to be accepted by men?
Good character can make others recommend you to others who they believe will not mishandle your legacy of good character. Good character can open doors for you both spiritually and physically, not just the doors to a successful marriage.
6) Be Approachable By All: Many ladies build a hedge or a wall of personality around them to the extent that men find it hard to approach them for a relationship not to talk about marriage, some also built a wall of fire around themselves and the wall of Jericho and still expect men to come close to them, how do you think it will be possible?
Remove every obstacle and obstruction that’s disturbing you from being attracted to the man of your dreams. Dismantle the hedge of fire and the walls of Jerusalem or Jericho around you if you want men who are responsible to approach you. Stop squeezing your face, even if someone offended you, in always wear a smiling face. Dear ladies, don’t forget to put a smile on your face, it’s the first sign of welcome to guys when they approach you. Smiles are attractive and positively contagious, please always Smile.
7) Pray About It Your Marital Life: The Bible says that you should not be worried about anything but rather you should pray about everything, (Phillip 4:6-7)
So, pray about it, my sister. The Bible also says that God will grant you the desires of your heart. That same Bible says; Ask and you shall find. I pray that God almighty will grant you your heart’s desires, especially on the issues of a happy marriage.
God is a loving and caring father and no father wants his daughter to marry a bad man for whatever reason. Pray and tell God to send you a good, responsible, faithful, loving, caring, romantic, and God-fearing husband.
Now you have the 7 ways you can attract a good husband to your life and enjoy a happy and successful marriage.
May the Lord order the steps of the right man for you to marry, amen.